Thursday, November 5, 2009

MOPS Guest Speakers

The sweet leaders of the MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) group at First Baptist were crazy enough to ask Teri and I to come and give a presentation on "Being Good Stewards of God's Money through Couponing". Teri and I had a lot of fun preparing the powerpoint over the past few weeks, reviewing some great deals we've found in the past year and *trying* to organize our "how-to's " of using coupons. I know it can be really overwhelming, especially for the newbies.

Soon, Teri will be uploading the power point presentation for you to view if you'd like. It gives some basic Coupon 101 tips along with some incredible deal scenarios.

For any of you MOPS ladies who are visting our site for the first time, please feel free to leave a comment about what you liked/didn't like about our "talk" What do you wish we would have covered more of. What was most helpful? What questions do you have now?

I was excited to hear feedback from some ladies who really have never used coupons. It was fun to see the excitement in their faces as they began to realize how they could be using their family's money more wisely. If you have any questions, please don't hesistate to leave a comment so we can help you out.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Michele and Teri! I loved the informational, inspirational, instructional "talk" that you gave today in MOPS. It is a little overwhelming, but in no way because of how you taught us. I am going to do like you said and start off small and hopefully end up saving big once I get more comfortable! I also hope to make it to one of your meetings soon! Thanks so much, I know a lot of people were so excited to hear you today and we were not disappointed! ~Lisa A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ladies!

    I needed to hear you guys at MOPS again. It rejuvianted me and with changing our diet completly this only enhances my goal! I just have to remember to start slow. I am wanting the big savings here and now. Im very result oriented. Thanks Ladies!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I'm visiting your site, but I wanted to let you know that the Clipper Chicks were also references at NNUMC MOPS meeting yesterday as a part of a presentation on family finances. . .you're going "global!" I would love to forward a link to this MOPS group of your presentation once it is posted if this would be okay with you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey ladies...thanks for the feedback. It was fun for us to be able to put together this little presentation:-) How did it go this week?

    Anonymous from NNUMC MOPS (I didn't know there was a MOPS group there by the way, very cool.) Anyway....the link to the powerpoint is on the right side of our blog, just below the picture. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or come to one of our meetings:-)

    Teri won't be there the next two weeks...and I am ready to have a baby any day now, so I may or may not be there...but you can comment us here if you'd like. Or, my coupon e-mail is couponmama08@yahoo.com. I don't check it daily, but I do check it throughout the week...feel free to e-mail me if you have a question. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to check out the powerpoint presentation! I'm so sorry I missed!

    ReplyDelete