Tuesday, June 2, 2009

6/1/09 Meeting Notes

Last night we had a nice meeting at Chic-Fil-A, however we did miss our fearless and exciting leader Teri:-( I think she'll be there next week to pump you up! However, we were still able to hit some hot coupons deals for this week at our favorite stores like Publix, CVS, and Target. I'm not going to run a list of the deals ...but here are some of the highlights from the meeting.

1. I gave out a 1/2 page laminated sheet of the official, corporate coupon policy for Publix and Target. At the bottom it also has a few coupon guidelines for CVS. This sheet will hopefully come in handy as I'm sure you'll encounter a misinformed cashier (and even manager) every once in a while. The sheet has been 3-holed punch, so it should fit nicely into your binder. If you weren't there...never fear...we have more. Get it next week if you can:-)

2. Donations of overstock items. Some of you are acquiring quite a stockpile and may be feeling a need to let a few things go. The middle and high school student choir of First Baptist Church is going on a mission trip to Immokalee in two weeks. They would love to have any items you would like to donate.
a) If you have a ministry or organization that you know has a need, please feel free to share it. We will occasionally recommend a organization or ministry to donate over stockpiled items to.

3. Beth is having a clothing swap party on Saturday from 10-12:30ish at her house. Bring some clothes you don't want anymore, but you think someone else might. Come and "shop for free" and get some new, used clothes that other women have brought. There will be maternity clothes there (but only if you get there before me...hahaha!) Contact myself or Teri if you want her address.

4.Check out one of our new favorite blogs www.hip2save.blogspot.com This lady is awesome. She posts several times per day with crazy deals for almost any store imaginable.

5. CVS this week is not to exciting, however there were a few deals some were interested in (Hawaiian Tropic can be a moneymaker, Nivea for men facial products, and softsoap ensemble) If you want more of a run down on the deals we talked about last night. go to Hip2save and click on CVS on the right side bar. That was where we got the info.

6. Once again I forgot to talk about Organic sales at Publix this week. So sorry...I was to excited about the bad for you(I'm sure) Kraft Mac N Cheese and Hershey's candy bars to be thinking to organically. Hopefully when Teri takes control again next week, she won't forget:-)

7. I'm glad some of you like this blog and have found it useful. Please leave comments if you have questions or something to add. Note that I have a quick link to Publix deals (top of right column) so you don't have to find the post. I'll put a link up for other stores if there is something unbelievable that week.

8. If your on facebook, make sure you are part of The Clipper Chicks groups. I want to join facebook JUST so I can see what you all are doing...but alas...I won't.

9. Man, I wish I could come up with one more thing so I could make a list of 10.

10. Thanks for coming to our meetings. I hope they are helpful and that you are seeing a change in your grocery shopping habits.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the run-down, Michele. It makes me feel like I didn't miss everything. I can't to get back to seeing everybody!
    You are such an awesome Clipper Chicks cohort and I want you to know how much you're loved and appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete